Sunday, 1 November 2015

From busy Bangkok to sleepy Hua Hin

 After chilly Scandinavian autumn weather, Bangkok's heat is more than welcome. I dont even let the sleepless night, thanks to the drunken man next to me in the plane, slow me down. Finally, Im in Bangkok. The place I never got to on my last visit in Asia because of that tiny injury in Vietnam 2013.



 Bangkok is busy, noisy and smelly. But I kind of like it anyways. Once you get use to the rhythm it's all ok. There is plenty to see, plenty to do. I only had few things on my "to do-list". Never liked planning too much.



From Wat Pho Temple
1. Wat Pho / Temple of the Reclining Buddha
One of Bangkok's oldest and largest temple complex. Gets crowded but definitely worth to see.

2. Patpong Nightmarket
Plenty of things to buy, clothes, souvenirs you name it. Remember to haggle cause the starting prizes are high.

3. Drink on a rooftop terrace
A must do thing. No explanations.


 For me Bangkok was quickly done. There is a lot to see depending on your interests, but I've never been a city girl. I did enjoy my stay. I enjoyed fun and wild tuktuk rides and exploring the city. Enjoyed the atmosphere of the city and seeing the nightlife and clubs. The famous Khao San Road was as terrible as I imagined, full of drunken backpackers.


 Time to move forwards.


         
To the south
Dreaming
After the dusty journey


Small coastal town of Hua Hin

 Hua Hin felt nice, cosy and compact after Bangkok. Train ride with the cheapest train took 4-5 hours and was comfortable enough to be recommended to anyone. Thais seem to be lazy walkers because no matter what is the distance, short or not, they always say we should take a taxi. After sitting on our asses for several hours we felt like walking and it took us 10 minutes from the train station to the center of Hua Hin.


 Hua Hin is pretty quiet, being destination for families and older people. It was a nice place to catch your breath by the sea side. Unfortunately for us, there was oil accident just on the day we traveled so no swimming for us. Our days were filled with laziness and relaxing. Best part for me was when I rented a horse and went for a ride by myself. Quality time alone is what we all need every now and then.

 After the lazy days, lazy evenings followed. Few beers and some pool playing. All nice and laid back. So if you are looking for mad partying, Hua Hin is not a place for you. But after couple of days we were ready to move more south. Hua Hin was good for us, but there is some limits how much can person like me just lay on a beach and do nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment